By Accounting Solutions | March 21, 2014 at 03:52 PM EDT | No Comments
Remote access options for accountants - a very brief summary:
- Occasionally access and remotely control client’s desktop PC: LogMeIn.com ($50 per year per client PC) or Teamviewer.com (free for private use), or Remote Desktop Connection if they have a network server.
- One-time access to remotely control of client PC: Join.me screen sharing (free, or annual fee for extra features)
- Constant access & sharing - your desktop in the cloud: cpaasp.com, unidata.com, novelaspect.com, etc…typically $50/mo/user for basic access, plus the option to rent QuickBooks and other software. These come in two flavors: a complete Windows desktop in the cloud, or a single application that acts like its on your local desktop but is actually hosted in the cloud.
- Constant access & sharing: Web-based SaaS version of QuickBooks Online $30-$40/mo for 3 client users and 2 accountant users. This is a very affordable option when two or more people need access to a file. But understand that QBO is very different in appearance from the desktop version.
- A professional tech support product like TeamViewer Premium for $1500 one-time purchase fee, or LogMeIn Rescue $129/month
Contact me if you need help deciding.
Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor